From: wisbirdn-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wisbirdn-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jesse Ellis
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:45 AM
To: mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx; 'Wisbirdn'
Subject: [wisb] Re: Fires up north and Black-backed Woodpeckers

Re: fires-

Mike, your DNR link failed for me. It got the DNR server, but it said
the page had been removed. Mark Hodgson, this is the best link I've
seen so far, and I have tried to find this info in a couple of states
in the past.

However, fires this year would have to be tracked over the next two
or three to find wookpeckers. Does anyone know of a database or
resource of PAST fires that might make checking for woodpeckers at
peak attractiveness a bit easier?

Jesse Ellis
Madison, Dane Co

--