[wisb] Re: FYI: All Door County State Parks closed for now

  • From: Bill Krouse <bkrouse1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 17:33:47 +0000

Peter, you are correct.
Just F.Y.I., I would NOT make a trip to Door County this weekend.

Sarah & I drove up yesterday to see the damage, there was plenty. I am on BOD
for Friends of Whitefish Dunes State Park, so I wanted to see how bad things
were. Lots of trees down, several roads still closed (County B out of Sturgeon
Bay, Cave Point Road for example), and power lines down everywhere. I actually
almost ran over an unmarked, downed power line yesterday myself, a dangerous
situation. Many business can only take cash or checks, as they are without
power yet - but, the power company had numerous crews out repairing damage.
Some business had to just close down. Give the Door a little time to get back
online before you head up next weekend to enjoy the fall colors & festvals.
--
Bill Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI

Ask me how to adopt a Greyhound!
http://www.gpawisconsin.org/
http://www.NoWisconsinPuppyMills.com

---- "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just saw this on one of the Madison TV station websites:

http://www.channel3000.com/recreation/29348207/detail.html

Due to wind damage (trees and power lines down, etc.,) they're
temporarily closing all five State Parks in Door County, so if you were
planning on that for this weekend, sorry...

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin Guy
Madison WI