[wisb] Re: FW: Eurasian Wigeon in Grant Co.

  • From: thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx,"birdmandan1231@xxxxxxxxxxx" <birdmandan1231@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:18:04 +0000

Hey all,
My wife and I got great looks through the scope at 40 power just a few minutes
ago (8:05 AM)! The bird is best viewed from River Lane Rd just before a little
gravel pull off. The bird was still with puddle ducks, about 1000 of them. It
took us an hour but we did find the breeding plumbaged drake on the
southernmost tip of the long island that extends from the point south. The
train tracks run right past the road and the birds. We were able to find the
bird before a train came by and spooked all the birds causing them to fly out
into the channel. We haven't taken the time to sort the 1000 of puddle ducks
again for a picture but they are slowly swimming back to the point. I'm sure
its still there.
Back to work,
Alex Stark, Prairie du Chein

From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
Sender: wisbirdn-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:38:53
To: birdmandan1231@xxxxxxxxxxx<birdmandan1231@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: WISC Listserv<wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] Re: FW: Eurasian Wigeon in Grant Co.

Thanks for posting this Danny. I was going to wait til I had heard it was
sticking around since it was such a long distance from most people. I'll be
down there Sat morning to check.

--Chris W, Richland County
Sent from my iPod