[wisb] FOY Alder Flycatcher

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 13:06:41 -0500

Hi all,
Just a few things here. First, sorry for any confusion. I forgot to add
anything to my text to Ted Keyel and just hit "forward" and "send" from Jenny's
text to me about the CGI Laughing Gull.

Second, I saw what I'm about 70% sure was a Eurasian Collared-dove fly over
Allison Park Drive in Richland Center this morning. I saw it only from behind
as it was flying away though and never got a good look at it. It flew like an
ECDO though.

and lastly, my resident Alder Flycatcher was back on his perch this morning
singing away. He must have come in last night since he wasn't there yesterday
or the last 3 days. It's about time!!

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)