[wisb] Eastern bluebirds - Shawano County

  • From: "Dar Tiede" <crepuscular@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:07:12 -0600

I found two bluebirds along McDonald Road in the Navarino Wildlife Area this
afternoon.   They were moving back and forth between the road and trees near
marker N2235.   I spent a few hours looking for winter finches in both
Shawano and Menominee counties (mostly along 47 and 55) but came up empty.
Seemed to be a general lack of cones and wild berries/fruit in the areas I
visited today.

Dar Tiede
Appleton