[wisb] Re: Eagle watch in Prairie du Sac

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paul163@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:35:41 -0600

With the relative (at least compared to the last two winters) lack of
snow cover, I think the eagles are much more spread out in the coulees
and valleys away from the Lower Wisconsin River.  Steve Thiessen, Nolan
Pope and I saw at least two dozen Bald Eagles away from the river last
Wednesday, many over agricultural fields.  Earlier in the winter, I had
heard that there were quite a few eagles along the river farther north,
especially around Baraboo (i.e., ABOVE the Prairie du Sac dam.) I don't
know if that is still the case.

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.