[wisb] Re: Dowitcher ID - what do you think?

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 20:50:54 -0600

Discussion seems to have run its course. I'm reasonably satisfied now that all
of these are Long-billeds, based on some additional research and good feedback
I've received from various respected sources. John Idzikowski chimed in with
Long-billed for all three, as did Kevin Karlson, co-author of The Shorebird
Guide.

For anyone still interested, Kevin's comments are in the caption of the photo
at http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/143076479

I put John's comments in the caption of the photo at
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/143076480

Thanks to all for the learning experience.  I'll be much better equipped the
next time I see some dowitchers!

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady