[wisb] Re: DNR step in

  • From: Brian Hansen <rawshooter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jamesfcowell@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:20:21 -0600

This is ridiculous but not a surprise.  For those that read my trip report
you will notice we had a chat with that farmer who ranted on for about 10
minutes on how the wolves were coming around because of the feeding
stations.  When we found the feeding stations there were no wolf prints
anywhere to be found plus if the wolves were really coming for those
carcasses they could have easily torn them off the trees and carried them
away.  They could have at least left the bird feeders up which I'm sure the
wolves wouldn't bother.  Too bad.  Hopefully they will come to their
senses.  Yes you can find plenty of birds up there without them but I
question if I would have driven 7 hours without a guarantee of seeing some
of my target birds.
Brian Hansen
Milwaukee