[wisb] Crex Nighthawks

  • From: Andy P <andypaulios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:16:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

I've been offline for a while.  Last Saturday afternoon/evening while helping
on a field trip at Crex Meadows we were treated to a spectacular "mass" of
nighthawks.  I conservatively estimated them at 2200.  They were arriving from
the north and west and massing over the inner refuge in a huge feeding swarm.
Very nice!

Andy Paulios
McFarland, WI