[wisb] Concordia today

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:56:11 -0500

  Nolan Pope, Mark Hodgson and I got to Concordia around 9:30. Hawks were
aready starting to come by. Jim Frank was already there and had better totals
than I did. I noticed that when ever I went back to the car, raptors were going
by the edge.
 Anyhow , we stay till 2:30. My count (and yes I missed a few calls on kestrel
vs merlin) was 167 Sharp-shined,11 Cooper's, 29 Kestrels,79 Merlins, 1
Peregrine,12 TVs ,3 Harriers,24 Red-tails and 3 Bald Eagles. Plus a few falcon
sp.
 Earlier in the day sharpies were going strong, but later merlins grabbed the
spotlight. And the lighting got better as the sun got to the west. Birds were
still going by as we left ,but we hadn't been to a McDonalds yet. Weird, we got
3 tiny coffes at Concordia and for the same price we got 3 sandwiches and 3
large coffees.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.