[wisb] Chippewa Falls bird walk - Chippewa County

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 16:05:11 -0500

The Beaver Creek Reserve bird club went to the Chippewa County Riverview
Reserve this morning for its weekly bird walk, garnering 63 species.
Highlights included a rare Orchard Oriole, Red-headed Woodpecker (we dipped
only on the sapsucker when it came to woodpeckers), and seven warblers (many
haven't arrived here yet).  Our warblers were Yellow-rumped, Yellow, Common
Yellowthroat, Black and White, Blue-winged, Wilson's and Nashville.

Rory Cameron
Chippewa Falls, Chippewa County

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it—for a little while."   Willa Cather