[wisb] Chimney Swifts Brown County

  • From: donald van duyse <dvanduyse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:37:21 -0500

I have noticed chimminy swifts flying into the dead branches of an ash tree by
my street. This is the first time I have witnessed this behavior. Are they
catching bugs or getting nesting material or what are they doing? I also saw
one enter my chimney so I took a look and yes there is a single nest down
there. This is also a first for me. A side note, the coopers hawks across the
street have left the nest.
Don Van Duyse
Brown County