[wisb] Re: Black & White Warbler

  • From: mike wanger <misterwanger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 17:09:21 -0500

I had a black-and-white this morning in Milwaukee. I did not see any buff
on the belly flanks, which Sibley's indicates would signify a female. The
only photo I can find of an immature male is on my Audubon iphone app, and
it appears there is significant streaking along nearly all of the belly. My
bird had enough plain white on the belly that I would definitely lean
toward it being an adult. Hope this helps. If my diagnosis is incorrect,
please let me know.
Mike Wanger
Milwaukee