[wisb] Birds skills at forecasting

I do not believe it is necessary to listen to the radio or watch television to
see if we are going to have snowy weather. Last year I noticed there was
intense activity at the feeders when snow was predicted and during the event.
The day after  the snow fall the bids were absent.
Yesterday was a confirmation of the past experiences. Prior to the past storm
we had the usual visitors-10 to 20 goldfinches and several house
finches.Yesterday the total exploded-at least 20 house finches and more
goldfinches, 8 to 10 juncos, 5 or 6 tree sparrows. The black oil feeder. the
black oil heart feeders were constantly under attack. The niger feeders were
also very busy. The heated bird bath swarmed most of the day. The ground under
the feeders was kept clean by the finches ,juncos, and tree sparrows.

Today I have seen about 10 thus far.

Jerry Schoen
Whitewater