[wisb] Birding Events September 2009

  • From: Paul Hunter <phunter1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 23:01:18 -0500

Wisconsin Birders:

I just updated my Birding Events web page:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~phunter1/birdevents.html

I pasted September events below.

--- Paul Hunter
  http://home.roadrunner.com/~phunter1/lakeparkbirds.html
Lake Park Warbler Walks - Milwaukee
Fall 2009: . . . Saturdays , 8:30-10AM
Sept 12 . . . Sept 19 . . . Sept 26

Hawk Weekend
September 11- 13, 2009
Hawk Ridge Nature Reserve in Duluth, Minnesota
http://www.hawkridge.org/events/hawkweekend.html

Birds in Art exhibition at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
Opening weekend - September 12 - 13, 2009
  Saturday, 9 am ‚ 5 pm; Sunday, 10 am ‚ 5 pm
Exhibition continues through November 9.  Free admission.
  http://www.lywam.org/birdsinart/

Illinois Audubon Society Fall Gathering
September 11 - 13, 2009
  hosted by Lake/Cook Chapter ‚ northernmost IAS chapter
  http://www.lakecookaudubon.org/IAS_2009_Fall_Gathering.html

Midwest Audubon Conference
Friday - Sunday,  Sept. 18 - 20, 2009
Hope, Action and a Sense of Place
at Chestnut Mountain Resort near Galena, Illinois
Audubon chapters from Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa chapters
  http://lakecountyaudubon.org/Uppermidwestconf/Audubon_RegConf2009A.pdf

  September 18-20 , 2009
  Wisconsin Point ‚ Jaegerfest
Wisconsin Society for Ornithology Field Trips -
  http://www.wsobirds.org/wso_field_trips_09.pdf

Saturday , September 19 , 2009
  Annual Whooping Crane Festival in Necedah
  http://www.whooping-crane-festival.com http://www.whooping-crane-
festival.com
Call 608-565-2101

Raptor Watch at Forest Beach Migratory Preserve
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Sponsored by Ozaukee-Washington Land Trust
The preserve is north of Port Washington
Contact Bill Mueller, iltlawas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for more information