[wisb] Bird Banding Riverside Park (Milwaukee)

  • From: Tim Vargo <tvargo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:12:22 -0500

Here's the bird-banding summary for Tuesday, May 5th at Riverside Park
(Milwaukee)
We kept the nets open from 6:00am until 10:00am, but it looks like most the
birds decided to hang out at the zoo today.

In the nets: 13 birds, 9 species:

American Goldfinch (3)
Swamp Sparrow (2)
Northern Waterthrush (2)
Black-capped Chickadee
Brown-headed Cowbird
Hairy Woodpecker
White-throated Sparrow
American Robin
House Sparrow (1st time ever - of course we can't band it)

Timothy Vargo
Manager of Research and Citizen Science
Urban Ecology Center
1500 E Park Pl