[wisb] Re: Big night (re: So. Mke)

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: idzikoj@xxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:58:51 EDT

Very Busy in the yard.  Before 6:30, I  watched waves of warblers arrive in
my treetops, and those of the 'hood.   It subsided a bit with rain, but I
expect to top out the already healthy count  of eleven warblers in an hour.

Returned home last night from north  central  Florida where we were
surrounded by Parulas at every turn.   The orioles and grosbeak beat me back
here -
delight to my morning listening -  and to pick up on Jym Mooney's comment,
the first warbler I spotted today was  the Black throated Green, followed by
a beautiful Blackburnian.  Earliest  arrival this year of a pair of house
wrens.  Gorgeous Ovenbird in the leaf  litter beneath the shrubs.

Was not able to bring back a  Swallow-tailed Kite, Rick, but had some
spectacular views of same in FL.
Betsy Abert, SE Mke Co, So Mke.