[wisb] Bell' Vireo - Governor Dodge State Park, Iowa County

  • From: Brian Doverspike <briandoverspike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 19:35:06 -0500

Becky and I did a little birding at Governor Dodge today.  We had little
trouble finding an Orchard Oriole at the usual spot near the concession stand.
We then went to Stephens Falls to try for Lousiana Waterthrush.  As we got out
of the car we were serenaded by a singing Bell's Vireo.  Eventually we saw two
of them there.  We knew they had been there in the past but had not seen them
for several years.  On the walk of the falls we did manage to find two
Louisiana Waterthrush as well.

Brian Doverspike and Becky Anderson

Pardeeville, Columbia County