[wisb] Ashland area - American Avocet continues

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 11:20:28 -0700 (PDT)

The American Avocet continues at Long Bridge west of Ashland, and has been
quite obliging for the Chequamegon Bird and Nature Festival. Lots of other good
birds are being seen too. I had a Surf Scoter at Maslowski Beach yesterday, and
the Hudsonian Godwit has been hanging around Prentice Park. The trip I co-led
to the Clam Lake area this morning had some bog specialties (Spruce Grouse,
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher) and some good looks at warblers (Black-throated
Blue, Blackburnian). I'm sure Ryan Brady or others will have more to post later
in the weekend.

Nick Anich
Ashland, WI