[wisb] A Jaegerfest appetizer...

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:19:05 -0500

On MOU-Net, Kim Eckert reported 25 species of warblers on Park Point in Duluth.
 Additionally, Mike Hendrickson took a group out on the boat today and they saw
two dozen Red-necked Phalaropes, along with "1000s" of gulls off Gull Bluff on
Wisconsin Point (although the fog was too thick for them to ID much.)

My meteorologist friend in the Twin Cities says there should be a cold front
coming through up there by Friday - we can but hope.

Peter Fissel
Madison WI