[wisb] Re: 3/24 - Milwaukee Downtown Lakefront Harlequins and Scoters (seeking directions)

  • From: mike wanger <misterwanger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birding on the net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:43:35 -0500

Tom, may I add a couple of suggestions to Bernie's good advice:
Consider a first pass down "Oak Leaf Trail/North Harbor Drive", which is
the last street you can turn south on before Michigan Street meets the
Lake. Parking is free. It's usually pretty full, but I seem to find a spot
about half the time.

Also, consider as a "scan point" the last block of Michigan Street before
it hits the Lake. There is meter parking on the north side of the street.
You're then 30' or so from the Lake/Harbor -- for a mere 25 cents you can
do a quick scan to see if it's worth lingering. (Note: 25 cents per 10
minutes.)
Mike Wanger
Milwaukee County