[wisb] 2 Bird-day sightings need help with one

   Hey everyone --  Well, yes.....you do the math, I would've put 42  years of
birding on this planet as of Thursday.  But I've got stuff for you.  #1,  saw a
crow chasing a great-horn thru Menominee Park Thur. a.m. and 2ndly,  This is
the part where I need assistance.  Does anyone know where coots could be
banded?  I saw one this aft. in Miller's Bay with a yellow neck band.  It was a
little too distant to read the numbers and I could barely read the digits.
  Quick response to "Bizarre crow behaviour".  Your incident was very
reminiscent to a similar situation I had many years ago along L. Winnebago. I
observed  some chimney swifts just feet above the water, and, same thing, a
grackle flew out of nowhere and attacked one swift, rendering it flightless as
it rested on the water.  Then it just got up enough power and took off.
 Was the darnedest thing. Well....'tis late.  'til Friday.
     Paul Bruce, Oshkosh