[wireless-br] livro sobre "como montar redes wireless em comunidades"

  • From: rhatto <rhatto@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wireless-br@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:52:56 -0200

----- Forwarded message from toya <toya@xxxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 07:42:23 -0200
From: toya <toya@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cmi-brasil-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ps-mulheres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cmi-brasil-tech] livro sobre "como montar redes wireless em
        comunidades"

sera lançado a segunda edição do livro:
Building Wireless Community Networks

Building Wireless Community Networks is about getting people online using
wireless network technology. The 802.11b standard (also known as WiFi) makes it
possible to network towns, schools, neighborhoods, small business, and almost
any kind of organization. All that's required is a willingness to cooperate and
share resources. The first edition of this book helped thousands of people
engage in community networking activities. This revised and expanded edition
adds coverage on new network monitoring tools and techniques, regulations
affecting wireless deployment, and IP network administration, including DNS and
IP Tunneling.

A melhor parte!!! sera em creative commons:

 "Our book will be released under a Creative Commons license, so everybody can
copy and distribute it free of charge. That doesn't mean it is a 'cheap' book.
I think it is a great book," stated Corinna 'Elektra' Aichele, one of the books
co-authors who was recently installing wireless networks in Bangladesh.

:)))))
links:
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/01/27/howto_build_sustaina.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_community_network
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0596002041/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-3252115-7605440#reader-link
esse ultimo eh o livro

--
   /\
  casa     rede     wifi
Documentação do Coletivo Técnico:
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Sysadmin/CmiTech

----- End forwarded message -----

--
rhatto em riseup.net
chave pública: id 0x6B566777 / keys.indymedia.org