[WinPrnDev] Re: How to delete system default printer forms?

Changing or adding forms in the GPD file will only work before installation
since Windows will populate the paper forms in the registry during the install
process.

Best regards,
Manfred Wilner

On Feb 19, 2013, at 3:57, "christoph@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <christoph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Ah yes, good idea.
>
> For non-postscript drivers, if they are UniDrv based (as most inbox
> drvers are), you can edit the GPD files. Which are like PPD files, only
> for non-postscript.
>
> Best regards,
> Christoph
>
> On 2013-02-18 19:07, Paul Tykodi wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> You can accomplish this task with PostScript printer drivers for
>> Windows
>> rather easily because they read the form sizes into the dialog from a
>> PPD
>> file, which is text based. For a 32 bit system, the PPD files are
>> usually
>> stored in the folder C:\Windows\System32\spool drivers\w32x86\3\.
>>
>> For non-PostScript drivers, I don't know of any simple methods to
>> perform
>> the task because the form list is usually being populated from a
>> *.dll file.
>> The information in these compiled binary files typically cannot be
>> edited.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> /Paul
>> --
>> Paul Tykodi
>> Principal Consultant
>> TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC
>>
>> Tel/Fax: 603-343-1820
>> Mobile:  603-866-0712
>> E-mail:  ptykodi@xxxxxxxxxx
>> WWW:  http://www.tykodi.com

- CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review,
use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

---