[WinPrnDev] Re: How to delete system default printer forms?

Hi Christoph,

The forms we'd like to remove are not exposed to the printer drivers' dialogs, believe me, we've looked. Thanks for the response though :)

best,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment
867-667-8133 Tel * 867-393-7003 Fax

On 16/02/2013 7:47 PM, Christoph Lindemann wrote:
Hi Matt,

Printer drivers can also provide their own form sizes. So you might need to
edit the forms list via the printer drivers own dialog, if it provides that
feature.

Best regards,
Christoph

On 15/02/2013, at 21.54, Matt Wilkie <matt.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Windows there are system default printer forms which can't be deleted from
the Print Server Properties dialog. Is there some other way they can be
removed? We are never going to use page sizes like Envelope, B5(JIS), US Std
Fanfold, etc. and I'd like to save users (and myself!) from having to scroll
through a big long list of noise.

I've tried deleting from the registry key
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Forms, but that only works for some
forms, and there many forms listed in the Server Properties dialog that don't
show up under that registry key.

Also asked here, last year:
http://serverfault.com/questions/64607/how-to-delete-system-default-printer-forms

Does anyone here have something that might work?

thanks,

--
matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment
867-667-8133 Tel * 867-393-7003 Fax
---
Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
http://www.undocprint.org/winspool

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server page at
http://www.freelists.org/list/winprndev
.

---