[WinPrnDev] How to delete system default printer forms?

  • From: Matt Wilkie <matt.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:54:26 -0800

Hi Folks,

On Windows there are system default printer forms which can't be deleted from the Print Server Properties dialog. Is there some other way they can be removed? We are never going to use page sizes like Envelope, B5(JIS), US Std Fanfold, etc. and I'd like to save users (and myself!) from having to scroll through a big long list of noise.

I've tried deleting from the registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Forms, but that only works for some forms, and there many forms listed in the Server Properties dialog that don't show up under that registry key.

Also asked here, last year: http://serverfault.com/questions/64607/how-to-delete-system-default-printer-forms

Does anyone here have something that might work?

thanks,

--
matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst