[WinPrnDev] Help getting started

  • From: "Dominik Gruber" <gruber.dominik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:10:39 +0100

Hello all!

I am glad that, after hours of surfing the web for Windows driver development,
I have finally found a mailing list with exactly that issue.

I am a university student working for our local hospital and I want to
implement the following:
A Virtual Printer Driver that takes one or more of any kind of printable
Windows documents and joins them into one PDF.

As I have mentioned above I have already tried to search the web for some hints
but most answers were like 'Go get the Windows DDK'...

I am completely new to Windows driver development so any information on how to
start is highly appreciated.
What I know is that I somehow have to register my printer-driver to the system
so that applications can make use of it.
I actually don`t want to use the Windows DDK. Therefore I have already taken a
look at the opensource project 'PDFCreator'.
But going through all the sources didn`t help a lot because a lot of basics are
missing.
For PDF creation I want to make use of Ghostscript/Postscript.

I hope someone can provide me with links, hints and informations on how to get
started with Windows printer driver development.

Thanks in advance
Dominik

---
Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
http://undocprint.printassociates.com/winspool