[winforms-vb] Windows Service Timer

  • From: Carlos Magalhaes <CarlosM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'winforms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <winforms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:09:37 +0200

Hi all,

In my windows service I have a need to have a timer running. Having a timer
running when you know  is easy, the question is I have a setting in my
app.config for my windows service  interval : <add key="PollingInterval"
value="60000" /> and then an additional setting being the a time setting
<add key="TimeToCheck" value="5:00am" />.

What I am trying to achieve is every 60000ms the timer will check the
current time, if the current time is = 5:00am then run the task (kinda like
when you create a Task in the windows scheduler) , I am a bit  muddled on
what to do here, should do something like:

Private Sub tmchkUpd_Elapsed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs) Handles tmchkUpd.Elapsed

        If DateTime.Now.TimeOfDay >= DateTime.Parse("5:00am").TimeOfDay Then

'do my stuff

        End If

    End Sub

How do all of ya out there do this, best methods or techniques?

Carlos Magalhaes - ADSI, LDAP programming =
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adsianddirectoryservices

Thanks for all of your help:

-- File: InterScan_Disclaimer.txt

This email and any files transmitted are
confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to which
they are addressed, whose privacy
should be respected.  Any views or
opinions are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those
of the Trencor Group, or any of its
representatives, unless specifically
stated.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed
to be secure, error free or without virus
contamination.  The sender therefore
accepts no liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message,
nor for any virus infection that might result
from opening this message.  Trencor is not
responsible in the event of any third party
interception of this email.

postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx   For more information about
Trencor, visit www.trencor.net <http://www.trencor.net>

To post to this list, send to winforms-vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
winforms-vb-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.