[wineeg] Re: theta question

  • From: Robert Lawson <lawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wineeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:57:08 -0500

The person would likely also respond to training to reduce the amplitude
of the slow alpha. I train to reduce slow alpha more often than training
to reduce theta. Often this slow alpha is central and frontal and is
about 1 Hz slower than posterior alpha. Sometimes you can train beta up
at the site you want alpha to reduce and the activation from increased
beta reduces the alpha. There can be aproblem with this sometimes
becuase beta> average is not an uncommon finding in ADHD people.. Use
single Hz topos to determine the frequency.