[wineeg] stuck in neutral: can't record

  • From: JF <smiile@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wineeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:52:02 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I have the Mitsar plugged into the USB port (and I get the friendly USB connect sound), but then the FILE:NEW is greyed out, so I can't start a new recording. The LED on the top right of the Mitsar doesn't turn on. When I go to setup:equipment parameters, the amplifiers type says: not connected!!! DEMO mode. Clicking on Find doesn't change this. Replacing the batteries doesn't help.

When I enter my passkey into setup:equipment parameters:access codes:main, and press okay, nothing happens, and when I return to the equipment parameters dialog, the access codes:main field for the passkey is blank, so the passkey is not saved. To my knowledge this unit never included a USB- or dongle key.

I just joined the list and apologize if this is the dumbest most common newbie question.

Any clues or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jon Frederick
QuietMind Foundation
LaFayette Hill, PA