[windows2000] winnt 4.0 server win2kpro permission problem

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <CHRIS.RUGGERI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:18:30 -0700

hi Group,

Have a very strange problem, i am hoping someone here may be able to help
with.

A client called having a winnt4.0 server. They have a variety of w/s's, and
used a win2kpro w/s to attempt to set the permissions on the folder on the
server. Now, they are unable to access or do anything with the folder and
all the subdirectories. They can view the permissions, which all say that
everyone has full control, however, they are unable to move the folder
elsewhere, gain access via the app, set, or reset permissions on the folder
or any subfolders,or delete it for that matter. It appears the only thing
they can do is disply the contents of and view rights. They tell me they
have rebooted, and attempted many times to reset the permissions, add domain
users/domain admins full control, with no success. I have no idea what to
even suggest right now, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Chris