[windows2000] trust

  • From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HELP (E-mail)" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:27:51 -0500

Does anyone know how to setup a trust between two AD domains?

I have one domain in a 192.168.0.x subnet lets call it abc.com

I have another domain in a 192.168.5.x subnet lets call it xyz.net

They can ping and can access each other if you use the password for the domain
you are in.  However, I want these domains to trust each other and each others
users, so one user from one domain can access information on the other domain
from his own username.  I've been trying to get this to work for a month now
and I'm about to call MS on it but I figured I would ask.  What I've done so
far is go into domains and trusts and click on add I add the .com to the .net
trust then I go to .com and try to add .net and it just says I can't contact it
or something.

Any quick thoughts.

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software