[windows2000] Re: stupid basic question for NT 4.0!!!

  • From: Steven Peck DNET <speck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:35:25 -0800

By connecting to the Domain accounts database, you are connected to the
local accounts database for Domain Controllers.  In an NT4 domain, you are
really using the PDC's accounts database for the domain.  The BDC's are just
read only copies of the same information.

What and where are you installing software that you need a local account on
the Domain Controller?  If you are creating an account for a service, then
pick a standard naming convention, create the account and make sure that
only a few people know the password and NO ONE ever uses it for logging in.

-sp