[windows2000] setting up ldap

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:29:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guys,

We have a Ricoh Multifunctional printer\scanner and we will like to user the
scan to email functionality. I understand that to do that you need to setup
your ldap properties on the printer. I have done what I think should work, but
I keep getting errors.

I have setup the following

server name = 10.32.1.16
Search Base = Blank
Authentication
Username = Jack
Password = password.

The thing is when I setup what should be the correct search base, it fails to
connect, but when I leave it blank to connects fine, but then when I try to
scan and send to email by searching throu Ldap, it fails. Please review the
search base I am having a problem with

dc=HFS, dc=teachers, o=jaytee.org.fr

Thanks

Patrick