[windows2000] Re: remotely get network settings on Win2k machines

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 07:16:04 -0400

PSExec.  http://www.sysinternals.com

sample:
psexec \\computername ipconfig /all

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 11:56 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] remotely get network settings on Win2k machines

I've been tasked with getting some network settings off a sample of machines
across a statewide WAN. The machines are all win2k, set up with static IP
addresses in an NT4 domain. There's about 30 that I have to get. The main
thing I'm looking for is what the default gateway setting is for each box (I
already have the IP addresses). This is on a client's network, so I don't
really have access to every resource.

Is there a command line method that I might be able to do this? I can't
think of anything other than ipconfig, but I can't seem to find any switches
that would allow for remote polling.

or am I out of luck and will have to call each one of these users and walk
them thru it?

thanks!

Brian Anderson
Serapis Support
Correctional Medical Service
Office (314)919-9868
Pager  (888)945-8643
Mobile (314)239-1398
banderson@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.serapisonline.com
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to
scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints &
how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more
servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147