[windows2000] remotely get network settings on Win2k machines

  • From: "Brian Anderson" <BAnderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:55:11 -0500

I've been tasked with getting some network settings off a sample of machines
across a statewide WAN. The machines are all win2k, set up with static IP
addresses in an NT4 domain. There's about 30 that I have to get. The main thing
I'm looking for is what the default gateway setting is for each box (I already
have the IP addresses). This is on a client's network, so I don't really have
access to every resource.

Is there a command line method that I might be able to do this? I can't think
of anything other than ipconfig, but I can't seem to find any switches that
would allow for remote polling.

or am I out of luck and will have to call each one of these users and walk them
thru it?