[windows2000] how to show computers in network neighbourhood

  • From: "Dennis Appelboom" <dennis.appelboom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Windows2000 (E-mail)" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:00:19 +0100

Hi All,

I have a windows 2000 server (workgroup) running on our management =
network (192.168.x.x) that I installed Backup Exec on.
I have to perform backups on other systems, and those systems are in =
different subnets.

In order to install the remote agent for backup exec, I need to push the =
installation to the target servers, but unfortunately, it only able to =
find servers on the same subnet. The list of servers that I am able to =
backup are identical to the server that are visible in the network =
neighbourhood, so I was thinking that if I was able to show the target =
server in network neighbourhood, I might be able to install the remote =
agent......

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dennis Appelboom