[windows2000] Re: exceed max number of allowed connections

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:46:07 -0800

>From: "Chris Ruggeri" <CHRIS.RUGGERI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I put up a 2nd win2k server on our internal network over the weekend.
>Since then, ( i cannot be sure this is related to my issue, but it
>happened @ the same time :) ) I have some computers that are getting
>the error "exceed max number of allowed connections" when they click
>on the domain trying to browse. There are plenty of licenses to cover
>the concurrent connections on the network, so i am wondering what are >some
>other possible causes of this problem and ....how to resolve
>them. Did not see anything on technet that seemed relevant. Any help
>greatly appreciated.

Are you using per server, or per seat licensing?  If you're using per server
you probably don't have enough licenses, as you just doubled the amount you
need by adding a new server.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."