[windows2000] Re: any body knows how to convert standalone server to PDC server

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:26:06 +0100

Not on NT4 you don't. ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Rayneman [mailto:reignofdeath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 September 2002 14:17
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: any body knows how to convert standalone
server to PDC server

dcpromo

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ray at home
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 1:31 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
server to PDC server

I could be totally off on this, but when I installed NT Server at home
years ago when I had no idea what I was doing, I posted this question to
a list like this after looking everywhere I could think of in NT.  The
answer I got was I had to reinstall the OS.  I know that it asks you
when you set it up if you want the server to be a domain controller or
not, but jeez, you think there'd be an option after the fact!  Oh well.
Now's your chance to install 2K Server.

Ray at home