[windows2000] Re: administrator password

  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:53:38 +0100

Download the utility from http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/, which is
free.  I have successfully used this many times when I first joined this
company to "get in to" a number of W2K laptops that hadn't been used for a long
time because no one knew any login passwords, or had the skills to rebuild the
laptops.

As Ray pointed out always have a backup account to get in.  I personally have
my own local administrator account on every NT/2000 pc and server, as well as
the local built in one.

Steve

From: Jonathan Kadoo [mailto:jkadoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Does anyone know of a way to reset the administrator password on a
Windows 2k pro machine?  I have a user that someone managed to screw up
their admin password on their home machine and now they can't get into
it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
priviliged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and ageements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.