[windows2000] Re: Your uptimes

  • From: "Neil Bullock" <n.bullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:28:09 -0000

Hi,

> How much downtime does your internal network have (communications,
> mainly, not just one server is down every now and then because of a
> software issue).

> 2.  Rarely, and when things go down, they're down no longer than 15
> minutes

I work at a school.  Our network really sucks, and hasn't been thought out
very well at all.  3 out of our 4 servers are hideously bogged down with
software they shouldn't have, and software that ought to have a dedicated
server (but they'd never agree to that).  Yet amazingly, it works pretty
well all the time.

The last major problem was a switch problem resulting in loss of
connectivity for all users.  That took about 30 minutes sort, mainly because
we couldn't find out what the problem was.  We still don't know what it was.

Neil.