[windows2000] Re: Windows software raid0

  • From: "Weston, Eric A CTR USAF NASIC/SCNA" <Eric.Weston@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:17:31 -0400

A spanned volume is created from free disk space that is linked together from
multiple disks. You can extend a spanned volume onto a maximum of 32 disks. A
spanned volume cannot be mirrored and is not fault-tolerant.

A striped volume is a volume whose data is interleaved across two or more
physical disks. The data on this type of volume is allocated alternately and
evenly to each of the physical disks. A striped volume cannot be mirrored or
extended and is not fault-tolerant. Striping is also known as RAID-0.

You can add a drive to a spanned volume, but not a RAID-0