[windows2000] Re: Windows Update - SUS - An thanks everyone

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:39:49 -0800

>From: "Bret Hanson" <Bhanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Here is what a simple Google search brought up:  Deploy Service Packs
>with Group Policy http://www.petri.co.il/w2k_sp3_deployment.htm

Hey, thats sweet, its like having SMS without the price tag, of course you
have to figure out how to make .msi packages which is probably a little
complicated, but definitely worth looking into.  If I understand it
properly, you could install nearly anything this way.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."