[windows2000] Re: Windows Update - SUS - An thanks everyone

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:39:49 -0800

>From: "Bret Hanson" <Bhanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Here is what a simple Google search brought up:  Deploy Service Packs
>with Group Policy http://www.petri.co.il/w2k_sp3_deployment.htm

Hey, thats sweet, its like having SMS without the price tag, of course you
have to figure out how to make .msi packages which is probably a little
complicated, but definitely worth looking into.  If I understand it
properly, you could install nearly anything this way.

Chris Berry
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."