[windows2000] Windows DNS = Spawn of Satan

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:48:27 -0400

My windows DNS automatically updates.  I changed the NIC on one of my terminal
servers last week and it grabbed an address from DHCP and then DNS reflected
this address for the server.  I manually change the address for the NC and
updated the DNS record manually.  Now, every couple days, DNS reverts back to
the dhcp assigned address for this server.

Any idea how I can get DNS to stick with the correct address?  Short of tossing
the server out the windows which is what I am about to do.

Greg