[windows2000] Windows 7?

  • From: Jim Walls <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Windows 2000 List <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:08:40 -0700

Just wondering if anyone is trying Windows 7 yet - besides me? Any opinions?

I loaded the Release Candidate onto my kid's PC a few weeks ago, but did not have time to even get things fully setup before the Release to Manufacturing version came out. I have downloaded that (all 2.3GB of it), and burned it to a DVD, but will load it on the kid's PC this weekend. The highest priority for RC was to save data because my kid had killed the computer so many times by killing power to it without a shutdown that I could not even boot - did not even get far enough to try safe mode. After loading RC I was able to back all of his data up (3 times) to my server, and I will do a low level format and clean install of the RTM version.

BTW, Since I'm someone will ask, you have to be a TechNet developer do download Win7 (at least legitimately) - and yes, I am. And no, I can't send it to you...

--
73

//www.freelists.org/list/windows2000