[windows2000] Re: WinXP HE / Explorer.exe

  • From: "Mark Mucher" <mmucher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:54:24 -0500

How about choosing a restore point?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cristian Costea
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 2:08 PM
To: Win2K Group
Subject: [windows2000] WinXP HE / Explorer.exe

Hi all,
I know this may be not the right place to ask, but there are people =
around
which might have some ideas on this ... One of our employes has its own =
HP
XE3 notebook with Win XP HE SP1 and IE6 SP1. Now, few days ago this =
notebook
started to do this: whenever I try to open a folder, my comp., control
panel, IE or anything that requires explorer all I can see is a desktop
refresh and an this logged in Event Log /
Application:
"Source Winlogon"
"Event_ID 1002"
"The shell stopped unexpectedly and Exploere.exe was restarted" I've
searched the web blah blah, nothing found. Only this particular thing, =
it
doesn't behave as I said in Safe Mode, stopped services one by one until =
it
became unusable, removed late installed software, reinstalled IE6 SP1 =
and
then XP SP1. No help. What should I do next, except a fresh install?
Regards, Chris

---
=20