[windows2000] Win2k srv/pro won't connect to a particular DFS-link

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:06:34 +0200

Hi all,

I'm totally stumped. 8-/

Last night I moved our userfolders to a new fileserver, and also created
some new dfs-roots to go with it.

Everything is peachy, kind of... WinXP, Win2k3 can connect properly to
all dfs-roots and links and so on. Win2k can connect to four of the
dfs-links, and fails on the fifth. The weird part is that *all*
win2k-machines can't connect this particular dfs-link (it's a shared dfs
on our profiles server). I've checked the permissions and so, and
they're all the same (on accessible and on non-accessible), but the
profile one, which won't allow win2k-clients access.

To me, this reeks of some kind of permissions mishap, but still, I
checked them all and they are ok. At first I thought it was some kind of
replication issue which would be solved overnight, but no...

Can you guys advise?

Thx.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer  Web: http://pharm.orgfarm.uu.se/pc/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,  Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,  Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden     Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: vapors from evaporating sticky-note adhesives