[windows2000] Wierd IE Problem

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:32:12 -0700

I have a user who has trouble reaching websites when she first opens her browser, but then after she's been using it for a few sites, it works fine. The error messages come up as failed dns, or ISA server forbidden, but I think those are just red herrings. I've checked her account permissions, and DNS settings and it looks ok. I ran a number of different basic cleaners (regcleaner, spybotsd), removed IPX/SPX (legacy deal she no longer needs), and a some other stuff but I think I'm shooting in the dark here. Ther problem seems to follow her around when she moves to another machine so it might be part of her profile, but I can't think of what. No other users are complaining of problems and it works fine under my account. Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." -- Tyler Durden