[windows2000] Wierd IE Problem

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:32:12 -0700

I have a user who has trouble reaching websites when she first opens her browser, but then after she's been using it for a few sites, it works fine. The error messages come up as failed dns, or ISA server forbidden, but I think those are just red herrings. I've checked her account permissions, and DNS settings and it looks ok. I ran a number of different basic cleaners (regcleaner, spybotsd), removed IPX/SPX (legacy deal she no longer needs), and a some other stuff but I think I'm shooting in the dark here. Ther problem seems to follow her around when she moves to another machine so it might be part of her profile, but I can't think of what. No other users are complaining of problems and it works fine under my account. Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris Berry
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." -- Tyler Durden

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es