[windows2000] Why aren't some system DLLs being copied, during installation of SP4?

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:50:53 -0700

I am trying to run service pack 4 for Windows 2000 on a Windows 2000
Professional machine (it currently has SP3 installed).  For some reason it is
failing to copy some of the system DLLs, such as OPENGL32.DL_ and OLE32.DL_.  I
have checked (per its instructions) and found both in the temporary folder that
it creates to extract all of the files.

The question is, why?  Why is the SP4 setup having trouble copying files that
are clearly there?  And then I suppose the logical follow-up question is, what
do I do about it?

Rod Falanga