[windows2000] Re: Why are users getting DNS error messages?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:06:11 -0800 (PST)

Once you have stopped it, it shouldn't start again on reboot. You can also just
point the default website to the localhost ip (127.0.0.1) and no one should
even be able to get to it.
Jim

Rod Falanga <> wrote:
We've got it working again. In order to make it work, we've had to stop
the default web site in IIS (this is on a Windows 2000 Server). Since
this does work, and we really don't want the default website working on
the IIS machine, how do we make it so that when it reboots the default
website won't get started again?